Occupy Kindergarten

Occupy Kindergarten

Scholastic Books: Class Code 121UF

Wednesday 13 August 2008

Our first day of school! I had so much fun and I hope everyone else did too! These are the best kids. Mrs. Hamilton is a favorite in our classroom and we are so glad she is there to help all of us all day. We couldn't do it without you Mrs. Hamilton!!!

We learned all about our classroom, talked about the importance of the flag, read the book "You Are Special" and "Sneeches". We talked about the letter M, drew the letter M, brainstormed M words and are going to bring in M items for our M board. Please look around your house for things that start with M and send them with your child. Oh, and we made playdough M's. Ask your child all about it.

Your children are so smart! They read the words been, a, five, one, jump, and has without any help! I can't believe how well they can read. Write these words with them as much as possible if you get a chance. For math we counted on a number line to 14, counted to 10 by 2's, and counted to 20 out loud.

I can't wait to see them tomorrow. Thanks for doing such a great job as parents.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Mindy This is such a great idea! I love blogging too. I will be on here often! Let me know whenever you need a helper ok!

Angie Colwell said...

Such a cute blog!!!! I just saw the plastic bag that Drew brought home with the note about the sight words, but there were no cards attached. I don't know if she forgot them or just didn't get them. Also, the bookmark, what books are we supposed to record on there. Hope everything is going well. Please let me know if you need anything.

The Storms said...

Hi I agree with the last post it was a little confusing on the note and book log. What sight words do thay need? And what books? I will too help if you need anything! And I also agree this blogger is a good idea! Our family also has one too if you want to vist it is www.stormsbunch.bogerspot.com Thanks for all you do!