Occupy Kindergarten

Occupy Kindergarten

Scholastic Books: Class Code 121UF

Saturday 16 August 2008

Clearing it all up...

Hi everyone,
So sorry about any confusion I have caused you. Sometimes there just aren't enough hours in the day.
I tried to get a note out to explain the bags, books and bookmarks but ran out of time before the bell rang. Thank you so much for reminding me. So here is the deal. I will send home paper books for the kids to read for homework. Please record the book they read on the bookmark. If a paper book isn't sent home you can select a book from home and record it. Reading nightly with your child is the greatest thing you can do to increase their vocabulary.
As far as sight words, we will be working on 5-7 sight words each week. These are words that are used often in the English language. If students know them and can read them without hesitation their reading will improve tremendously. I will post them here, and send home a paper copy each week so you can practice with them. The words for this coming week are:
Must
Over
Seven
The
Upon
Two

Thank you again for all your support. Mrs. Hamilton and I had a blast with your children this past week. They are all darling and we love them already.
Let me know if I can answer any more questions!

No comments: